Ms Nomsa Skosana
Digital Humanities Researcher:
Nomsa graduated from the University of Pretoria. She received her Bachelor degree in Education as well as a Bachelor of Arts Honours specialising in isiNdebele. As part of her honours degree she mainly focused on isiNdebele literature. In the future Nomsa would like to publish literature books of her own and also digitise the books to contribute to the data that is available for isiNdebele research. isiNdebele is still a developing language and as a researcher she plans on developing more language terminologies and place her focus on lexicography as well as the standardisation of the language. In her Master’s degree she plans to focus mainly on differentiating isiNdebele and from the other Nguni languages.
- Bachelor of Education in Further Education and Training: General
- Bachelor of Arts Honours African Languages
- Taught isiNdebele for the past 4 years, Grade 10- 12 and Mathematics
- Appointed as a paper 2 marker for isiNdebele by Umalusi since the year 2015
- Setting of isiNdebele internal question papers